The Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) issued guidelines to facilitate the enhanced operations of Business Process Outsourcing (“BPO”) companies, export enterprises, and their support service providers (“Covered Enterprises”) following the Philippine Government’s directive to extend the Enhanced Community Quarantine (“ECQ”) to 30 April 2020.
Under DTI Memorandum Circular No. 20-14, series of 2020, (“DTI MC 20-14”), BPO companies and their support service providers are allowed to perform the following activities throughout the extended ECQ period:"
1. Delivery, installation or transfer of necessary equipment to set-up for the work-from-home (WFH) arrangement, including provisions for trouble-shooting support;
2. Delivery or installation of telecommunication services by telcos;
3. Delivery of logistical support, such as food or essential goods of the personnel in the temporary housing or on WFH; and
4. Other support services necessarily required in the operations of BPO companies.
Export enterprises are allowed to increase their operations, provided that they
1. deploy employees who are under an on-site accommodation or near-site accommodation;
2. provide point-to -point shuttle services for its employees; or
3. deploy employees who live within a five (5) kilometer radius from the factory or facility.
The export enterprise shall be subject to the observance of strict social distancing measures and routinary disinfection of facilities and vehicles.
Personnel of Covered Enterprises are allowed to travel, subject to the presentation of the following:
1. Company ID containing the employer’s address and the employee’s residence address;
2. Certificate of employment issued by the employer;
3. For personnel of the export enterprises, a copy of the Certificate of Registration of the export-oriented company issued by the Board of Investments, Philippine Economic Zone Authority, other Investment Promotion Agencies or the Securities and Exchange Commission; and
4. For personnel of the support service providers, a certification from the BPO company or export enterprise.