The Bureau of Immigration (“BI”) shall operate with skeletal workforce to service outbound passengers departing the Philippine territory during the Enhanced Community Quarantine (“ECQ”). Under the BI Advisory dated 19 March 2020, aliens whose visas shall expire during the implementation of the ECQ may file an extension within thirty (30) days from lifting of the ECQ. Except for outbound passengers intending to depart the Philippines, the following transactions shall be temporarily suspended at BI offices located in Luzon:
1. Filing of applications for extension of/conversion to non-immigrant/immigrant visa, including hearing/interview;
2. Filing of applications regarding Filipino citizenship including R.A. 9225, including hearing/interview;
3. Filing for downgrading of visa status;
4. Filing for extension of tourist visa;
5. Filing of applications for Special Work Permits/Provisional Work Permits;
6. Filing for the renewal of ACR I-Cards; and
7. Implementation of BOC approved visa applications for extension of/conversion to non-immigrant/immigrant visas.
Further, the Department of Foreign Affairs shall be temporarily suspending visa issuances by Philippine Foreign Service Posts (“PFSP”), primarily 9a Temporary Visitor/Tourist Visas, and will deem all previously issued visas by PFSPs cancelled starting 22 March 2020. Foreign spouses and children of Filipino nationals shall be exempted provided that they will be travelling with the Filipino national and said foreign nationals are categorized as non-visa required nationals. Visas issued to Foreign Government and International Organization officials shall also be exempt from the temporary suspension.
View and Download BI Advisory Here